Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lesson Learned: I HATE Flaxseed

once upon a time i tried to bake healthy.
i learned a few things:
1. i love baked goods for their sugary sweetness
2. i need to try many "healthy" baking recipes before i will be successful
3. i HATE flaxseed


here i used roasted flaxseed, almond butter, peanut butter, honey and oats
in an attempt to make my own no bake granola bars.
mix all ingredients and spread into a glass baking dish. freeze until solid and cut.
place in individual plastic baggies to ensure freshness and have an easy
on the go snack ready at all times!


doesnt look so bad does it?
looks can be deceiving my friends!
the flaxseeds were AWFUL. not only to they smell funny
but they taste terrible and over powered my poor granola bars.
luckily my mom liked them so they didnt go to waste!


next i used the above ingredients to make pumpkin oatmeal muffins.
sadly i had not tried my granola bars before i baked these and added flaxseed unknowing of its terribleness.
although these muffins were much better than the granola, they still were not my favorite.
maybe soon i will give "healthy" baking another shot...minus the flaxseeds.


do you have a favorite "healthy" treat or recipe? please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment